Thursday, January 5, 2012

Desert Survival Experience

All too often people get stuck in the material world; however, the expanse and bareness of the desert allows one to reflect on the opportunities presented in life. On this desert survival experience, we went into the middle of the desert. We cooked our food over a campfire, had alone time at night, and also went on a morning hike. To me, the most powerful experience of this time spent in the desert was the time I spent alone, reflecting on my life, especially the opportunities presented to me on this trip. As I looked up at the stars on the cool desert night, hearing the silence of the desert, I was reminded to appreciate everything I have and make the most of every experience. The desert can be a harsh, inhabitable land, but it can also be an amazing place where one can find him or herself and connect to our ancestors.
Posted by Jeff Budweg

No comments:

Post a Comment